To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our residents' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.

Frequently Asked Questions

Village of Eagle Office

What hours is the Village Office open?

The Village Office is open from 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.

The office is closed to the public on Wednesdays.

Who do I call for an emergency?

If the Sheriff's Department or Fire & Rescue Department are needed, please call 911. 

For Water & Sewer emergencies please call 402-430-5541

For all other Village-related emergencies please call 402-405-4541

What is the physical address for the Village Office?

747 S 2nd Street

Eagle, NE 68347

What is the mailing address for the Village of Eagle?

P.O. Box 130

Eagle, NE 68347

Codes & Ordinances

May I burn trash and leaves inside the village limits?

No, open burning is prohibited within the corporate limits. Anyone residing outside of the village that wishes to burn must obtain a burn permit from the Eagle Fire Chief or the Village of Eagle Office. 

Are chickens allowed within the village limits?

No, village code prevents the harboring of chickens, ducks, geese, other fowl and livestock within the corporate limits of Eagle.

Can I drive my ATV, UTV or golf cart on the streets?

ATV's, UTV's, and golf carts are prohibited from being operated on the streets and sidewalks of Eagle.

May I park my vehicle on the public street?

Parking is permitted on Village streets for a period of no longer than 72 hours in residential zones and 24 hours in commercial zones. Parking of any trailers, any recreational vehicles and trucks longer than 20 feet in length is only permitted for a period of time necessary to load or unload. 

Am I required to license my pets?

Any person who owns, keeps or harbors a dog or cat over the age of 6 months is required to license thier pet(s) on an annual basis. Kennels are prohibited: No more than 3 dogs or more than 3 cats in excess of 6 months of age is allowed per family or residence. 

What are the requirements for mowing my yard?

The owner or occupant of any lot or piece of ground must keep their property, including the adjoining streets and alleys, free of any growth of twelve inces (12") or more in height of weeds, grasses, or worthless vegetation. 

Are fireworks permitted?

Yes, fireworks may be discharged only from June 25th through July 4th of each year and from December 29th through and including December 31st. Fireworks may be discharged between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.

On July 3rd and July 4th fireworks may be discharged between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. 

Am I responsible for cleaning my sidewalk?

Yes, sidewalks must be clear of snow, sleet, mud, ice or any other accumulating substance. Sidewalks within the residential areas must be cleaned within 12 hours after the cessation of a storm. Sidewalks within the business district must be cleaned within 5 hours after the cessation of a storm. 

Building Permits & Inspections

What is the process for getting a building permit?

Take a moment to read all required information provided. Then print and fill out the building permit application form and return to city hall.  Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to give us a call or send us an email.  We will be happy to help you.

Swimming Pool

Does the Eagle Pool offer swimming lessons?

Not at this time.

Can we bring toys into the pool?

No, outside toys are not permitted. Pool noodles, kick boards, and other toys are available in the pool office.

Is food allowed at the pool?

Yes, food can be brought into the pool. However, food and beverages (except water) must remain inside the designated food area. Sunflower seeds are PROHIBITED!

Does my child need to be a certain age to enter the pool alone?

No swimmers under the age of 10 years old will be allowed, unless accompanied by an adult or guardian 14 years of age or older.

Water & Sewer Utilities

My bill is past due can I get an extension?

Please contact our office and a one-time extension will be extended to you for extenuating circumstances.

What do I do if I am experiencing low pressure?

Check your meter and the surrounding area for possible leaks. Next, call our office and report low pressure for your area.

Why do I have a previous balance when I know I sent in my payment?

We may have received it after the due date or we may not have received it at all. Call our office and we will help you solve the problem.

Eagle Recycling Center

Where is the Eagle Recycling Center located?

The recycling center is located outside of the Eagle Village Office at 747 S 2nd Street.

What are the hours of operation for the recycling center?

The recycling center is available 24 hours-a-day. We simply ask that your follow the rules and ensure recycling materials and trash are not left on the ground.

What materials can be recycled?

The following materials are accepted at the Eagle Recycling Center: flattened cardboard boxes, newspapers, magazines, copy paper, aluminum cans, tin cans, and plastic bottles (#1-7).