Under the direction of the Board of Trustees, the Village Clerk/Treasurer is responsible for directing and managing the activities and operations of the Village office in order to promote good government and maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of the office.
This position serves as the administrative agent for the Board of Trustees and ensures Village funds, policies and operations are handled according to Eagle Municipal Code, state statutes and federal regulations. Listed below are just a few of the responsibilities:
- Attends meetings of the Board of Trustees and other entities relevant to Village affairs.
- Ensures meeting minutes are written, published and available to the public in compliance with state law.
- Provides records and information to the general public, the media and other agencies.
- Prepares agendas, ordinances, resolutions and agreements to be executed by the Board of Trustees.
- Administers employee payroll, benefits and personel records.
- Maintains custody of all Village funds.
- Receives, investigates and acts upon citizen complaints.
The Village Clerk/Treasurer acts as liaison with village departments, outside agencies, other governmental entities and the general public on behalf of the Board of Trustees.